If you don’t already know, jPrime’s 4th conference at Sofia Tech Park, Bulgaria is coming up in less than a month (29th and 30th May). For those who are new to jPrime, it’s a conference focused on Java, various languages on the JVM, mobile, web and best practices. It’s run by the Bulgarian Java User Group and backed by some major businesses. Visitors have the opportunity to listen to some of the best international speakers, as well as presenters from Bulgaria and the Balkans. It’s not all work though… there’s also plenty of time for hacking, networking and fun.
In case you can’t tell, we’re a tad excited about jPrime. Ahead of the event we caught up with one of the organisers Ivan St Ivanov who gave us the lowdown on all things jPrime.
Ivan is the Co-Founder and Senior Programmer at VIDA Software, he also does a variety of consultancy roles, teaches Java and Microservices courses, is an active JUG member and is studying for a PhD in the field of Cloud Multi-Tenancy… we’re seriously impressed.
Here’s what we learnt:
- jPrime is organised by a group of true enthusiasts – all profits go back into the next year’s JUG events, the organisers do it for the love of it.
- Now in its 4th year, the conference has grown into a 2-day event with over 700 attendees.
- The organisers come with a massive range of interests and areas of expertise. There are those that are most interested in the current hype (e.g. hmm, Kotlin, Spring 5 + Reactor, Blockchain); there are also people (Ivan being one of them) that are evangelical about the MicroProfile, and another lead who is active in the OSGi community.
- There’s a jam-packed agenda, far too many to list, but safe to say, all things Java, languages on the JVM, mobile, web and best practices are explored by some excellent speakers.
And if that’s not enough…
- The weather in Sofia around jPrime is typically beautiful so it’s a great opportunity to get out and explore the beautiful capital of Bulgaria. It has a long ancient history, so there’s plenty to see outside of the conference.
We managed to get our hands on some tickets for jPrime, and in the spirit of sharing the love we’d like to give them away. If you’d like to be in with a chance of winning a ticket to this year’s conference, you can enter the raffle here – https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ljc-raffle-5-x-tickets-to-jprime-2018-29th-30th-may-tickets-45678055293?aff=blog. You can see all the details, including the agenda for jPrime here: https://jprime.io/ and you can find Ivan on Twitter at @ivan_stefanov