Minutes for June 18th, as always, questions, comments etc are welcome!
- Ben Evans
- Trisha Gee
- James Gough
- David Illsley
- Richard Warburton
- Martijn Verburg
Thanks for Jim for scheduling the meetings and JClarity for hosting
355 – JCP Executive Committee Merge Public Review Ballot
Voted Yes with comment:
The LJC believes strongly that Java is one platform and that a smaller, more focused committee will produce results on more responsive timescales.
358 – A major revision of the Java Community Process
JSR Review Ballot Vote scheduled for June 28 – July 9th
Discussed the background and a couple of minor points and agreed to follow-up via e-mail.
- Successfully migrated to a java.net project – adoptajsr.java.net
- Now has a much larger communal mailing list ~ 67 members
- Further discussion on JavaEE JSRs and low level of interest from the LJC. Had one additional expression of interest. Jim to follow-up on EE.
- Not really a JCP topic, so in future going to move discussion out of this group.
- Had a Lambdas hack day. Lots of interesting feedback. Trying to organise another one. Planned for 30 June.
- AI: Ben: Blog about Lambda Hackday
- JDK Statistical analysis tools – still talking to Oracle
- Ben mentioned his piece on the BBC
- Lots of Committee Representation at JavaOne!
- LJC panel, BoF Adopt A JSR, BoF JSR 310, JavaFX, Modern Software Development Antipatterns, Disruptor, OpenJDK Building and testing