- Simon Maple
- Richard Warburton
- Somay Nakhal
- Ben Evans
- James Gough
- Martijn Verburg
- Trish Gee
- Mike Barker
(Tasks in Bold)
- Welcome Somay Nakhal to the Committee!
- We need to start having formal agendas before each meeting (MV to create next one)
- We’d like to have a venue with free WiFi for all (TG to investigate possibilities)
Update from Face to Face (F2F) EC meeting from BE
- Hosted at Goldman Sachs in Jersey City, USA
- Good to put names to faces, made following JSR-348 WG meeting run more easily
- LJC ‘Adopt a JSR’ program was well received
- Lots of support for JSR-310
- Main issue was about ballot stuffing. The PMO will investigate and act appropriately if there is evidence of suspicious voting.
- SE and ME committees will merge (partly as ME committee rarely makes quorum).
- 24 seats + chair is the new target, down from 32 today, ‘extra’ seats will die a natural death.
- Java ME
- Hardware baseline – so price point drops over time? In our opinion this does not match what the industry is doing.
- Code line is currently based off 1.4.2, they’re proposing to do an ME7, base lined against SE 7 but with some features (like invokedynamic) will be removed.
- ME seems to be heading towards the embedded space.
- ME for SE developers LJC session by Oracle to help us gain insight into this area of standards (MV to organise).
- ‘Adopt a JSR program’ is vital. We shall proceed by:
- Update java.net with our JCP status (MB to follow up)
- Blog about JSPA signature (BE to post)
- Producing a Glossary of Terms (TG to update wiki)
- Push out the ‘Adopt a JSR Program’ post (RW)
- Give Richard access to LJC blog (MV)
- Forward post to JUG leaders list during JavaOne once done (MV)
- Send out details of our java.net page to committee (MV)
- At the next JCP meeting, review our JCP/JSR Content on java.net (all of us)
- Adopt a JSR Logo – CC licensed Duke needs you (MV)
JSR-310 update (JG)
- Blog post on TCKs etc (JG)
- Volunteer Cat herding (JG)
- Next step is to start the TCK planning stage (JG)
- Contact threeten mailing list (JG)
- Workshop on TCK at Open Conference (JG)
- Get Oracle involved – Roger Riggs – (BE)
JSR-349 (Bean Validation)
- Looking for adoptees, get Spec lead to send out a description (MV)
JSR-350 (session state enhancement)
- Adopt a JSR – Introduce Madhu Konda and SN (BE)
- Investigation, talk to Jeff Trent (and his upcoming replacement) (SN)
JSR-351 – Identity Management
- Contact spec lead for further clarification of JSR (BE)