- Everyone happy with meetings at jClarity offices.
- JG to doodle for next meeting
- RW to write up minutes from last meeting, and this meeting.
The committee discussed the progress being made in this space. A combination of a mailing list and an irc channel seems to have spurred contributions and made it easier to run and manage. It would be a good idea to backport these to adopt a jsr.
- Still plan to keep Adopt a JSR separate from Adopt OpenJDK.
- RW + MV to setup a mailing list and irc channel for Adopt a JSR – (Done).
Brazil Face to Face
- A lot of procedural discussion.
- Several ME members not turning up.
- Next version of ME will be rebaselined off of Java 7 in 18 months.
- TOTVS (co-hosting with Soujava) introduced the Committee to Ginga-J – a Java-based digital TV standard used on top of the ISDB-T international standard (used primarily in Japan & South America)
- This has the potential to allow developers to reach a South American user base of 350 million users via their TVs.
- The potential and challenges that TOTVS face on the TV standardisation committees bear some similarities to those faced in other parts of the JCP.
- Strategies for co-operation with other standards organisations were discussed
- Also ways to ensure that Java remains a central part of the ISDB-T story for IPTV.
- Adopt Openjdk discussion at the Face to Face
- Discussions with Anil Kumar at Intel.
- Possible Hardware to host adopt openjdk.
- Initially this could be hosted by LJC, but eventually broaden out to a larger community.
- Some desire to extend the length of use for OpenJDK TCK to 5 years from Azul, however, no solid conclusions on the matter.
- … went very well
- Some bugs found, and some lessons learned for further hackday discussion.
- RW to write up feedback for discussion on the mailing list – (Done).
- RW + JG to organise JSR 310 Hackday in London.
- JG to investigate Java EE standards further
- BE & MV to ask about putting Private LJC List read-only on the JCP Mailing List.