Minutes for Dec 6th, as always, questions, comments etc are welcome!
- Ben Evans
- Martijn Verburg
- Trisha Gee
- Michael Barker
- Somay Nakhal
- Richard Warburton
Carried over from last meeting
- JSR-331 – BE to send to SE/EE list saying we’re going to vote no and here’s why. Before he does, check with Werner Kiel.
- We need to update our voting record on Java.net (BE/MB)
- Accept 351 invitation for webinar (BE)
- JCP.next.next solicit comments before the vote (BE to ask Patrick)
From this meeting
- Set up a shared calendar for early JSR reviews and dissemination of our reviews (TG)
- Get a volunteer to introduce Raoul-Gabriel Urma to the right people in the OpenJDK or his Relationships in Java prototype (MB)
- BE reported that the proposed Currency JSR was still dormant.
- MB reported that the tuples JEP this was very long term work
- JSR 335: Lambda Expressions for the Java Programming Language – Early Draft Review – (RW to lead the Adopt a JSR for this one)
- JSR 344: JavaServer Faces 2.2 – Early Draft Review – (Committee to seek volunteers)
- JSR 339: Java API for RESTful Web Services – Early Draft Review – (Committee to seek volunteers)
- JSR 346: Contexts and Dependency Injection for Java EE 1.1 – Early Draft Review – (Committee to seek volunteers)
- JSR 342: Java EE 7 – (BE to investigate EG composition further)
- Jigsaw: – Committee to investigate progress of JEP
- Adopt a JSR materials for JUGs:
1- The overview presentation. 5 minutes on what the JSR is about and what it means for the regular developer
2- Technical deep dive – 10-60 minutes on how to use the result of the JSR, implementation details, best practices… All a developer needs to get from “Haven’t heard about” to “Almost Guru” (MV/JG)
- MB to lead OpenJDK Adoption and set up a monthly regular session – find a venue via BC
- MV to investigate with Oracle about access to statistical analysis tools.
- Committee had a discussion on licensing in preparation of JCP.next.next, conclusion was that until the lawsuit is settled, we have to wait.
- MV to ask JUG leaders list to assist with further JSRs
Martijn (On behalf of the LJC JCP Committee)